FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here is a guide for first timers who are new to storage.
Q. I need storage but don’t what size room I need?
- Call us at 1800 288 8677 and our friendly team will make a recommendation on the size you need and you can reserve it through us.
- Alternatively, use our Size Guide to help you estimate the size you need and you can Book on the spot.
Q. What sizes are available and how do I pick my size?
- We offer a wide range of sizes to accommodate your storage needs. Mandarin Self Storage unit sizes range from 5×5ft, or 25 square feet, to 10×30ft, or 300 square feet. Determining the size of your storage needs is easy with the help of our Online Size Guide. If you need further assistance, ask one of our facility managers who are trained to assist you in this process.
Q. What if I get there and my space is too big or too small?
- Don’t worry. We have lots of different sizes and we will find one that is just right for you and there is no cost for switching a booking. In fact you can change sizes any time you want after moving in. So if you are expanding or shrinking your storage, we are here to ensure you have just what you need.
Q. How do I move my belonging into the storage facility?
- We offer you our Free Van Services. Our driver will arrange an appointment to bring our van to your pick up address for you to load and we will drive your belongings to Mandarin Self Storage.
- At Mandarin Self Storage we also offer you with free parking, loading facilities, lifts and trolleys to make it easy for you to get to your space.
- Want some help? We can refer you to removalists.
Q. How soon can I move in?
- You can move in on the same day from online arrangement or directly from our facility staff.
Q. Do you organise removalists?
- We are not a removalist company, but we are happy to recommend these companies for your consideration.
- We know of removalists we have recommended and worked with extensively, often over a long period of time.
Q. Do you have trolleys available?
- Yes, we offer free usage of the trolleys within our facilities.
Q. How much will storage cost?
- The cost of storage may vary between facilities. The cost of storage is dependant on the size and features of the unit and the location of Mandarin Self Storage. You will be surprised at just how affordable our self storage rooms are. To receive an accurate price, please contact our trained sales consultants at 1800 288 8677 or Contact Us.
Q. How much do I need to pay?
- All you will need to pay is your first month’s rent plus a small one time administrative fee $21.40.
- We offer discount plans to reward customers who wish to prepay in advance. For more information, kindly contact our friendly staff on the Pre-Payment Plans. A padlock is required.
Q. What is included in the price?
- The rate quoted to you includes GST. You can choose to pay for the duration you need or on a monthly payment basis.
Q. When do I have to pay?
- On or before the day you move into storage, you will be required to pay for your first month’s storage. Each month thereafter you will be required to pay for storage monthly in advance.
Q. Can I pay weekly or monthly?
- The minimum duration for payment is 1 month.
- We also accept prepayment for more than 1 month.
- Refunds will be given should you decide to move out earlier than planned according to our refund policy.
Q. What is your Refund Policy?
- All customers pay at least one month in advance on the anniversary of their move in.
- We do not refund partial unused months, within minimum storage period.
- If you know your move out date before your anniversary, we can pro rate your rental accordingly.
Q. What are the methods of payment?
- Payment methods include cheque, Visa card, Master card and any electronic debit payment systems eg, NETs. You can also make your payments online from our website or use “Auto Pay,” which automatically deducts your rent monthly from your credit/debit card.(Coming Soon)
Q. Will you send me an invoice?
- Yes we will send you an invoice 16 days before your account is due, unless otherwise requested. We can post or e-mail your invoice to you.
Q. Do you have security?
- Yes security is important to us. We provide 24 hours monitoring with CCTV systems.We have security access control and individual door alarms. Should you need more information, feel free to inquire with our sales manager on the security features at your preferred Mandarin Self Storage facility.
Q. Who keeps the key?
- You do. The locking system on your door is secured by a padlock. This padlock is yours and you keep the key.
Q. What are your office hours?
- Our office hours are the hours of operation for the property when the facility manager will be available to assist you with your storage needs. We are open 7 days a week, 9 am – 6pm for Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5pm on Saturday and 10am – 4pm on Sunday.
- Our office hours may vary from site to site so you should check in the location you are interested in. To locate your closest Mandarin Self Storage facility please use our Location Finder on this web site.
Q. When can I access my storage?
- Your rental unit can be accessed using your assigned electronic gate code between 5.00am and 12.00am, seven days a week.
Q. How often can I access my storage?
- You may enter as often as you like, as long as its during our Access hours.
Q. Does it cost me anything to access my storage?
- No. It does not cost you anything to access your storage.
Q. What’s the difference between office hours and access hours?
- The office hours are the hours of operation for the property when the facility manager will be available to assist you with your storage needs or moving and packing supplies. The access hours are the hours your rental unit can be accessed using your assigned electronic gate code.
Q. When I am finished with Self Storage what do I have to do?
- You need to provide us with 14 days notice before you vacate. Refer to the refunds section for our refunds policy.
Q. Do I need to give you notice when I am ready to move out?
- Yes! 14 days notice is required.
Q. What can I store at Mandarin Self Storage?
- Generally, you can store any item in your unit as long as it fits within the area. Perishable items such as fresh food, vegetables, or any kind of porous/loosely packaged food are not permitted. You cannot store any form of flammable/hazardous liquids that could combust when heat is applied. Illegal prohibited items are strictly forbidden. Click for full list of prohibited goods.
Q. Do I have to book storage in advance?
- Yes. We recommend that you book in advance today so its available for you. The booking fee of $21.40 will be waived if you reserve your unit from the online reservation system.
Q. How do I use the online booking system?
1.Select your preferred location from the “location” tab at the top of the menu bar
- Under “Rent a unit” Choose your preferred size from the sizes category. If unsure of the size you need, use the size estimator.
- Click “RESERVE FOR FREE”
- Choose your required date. You can reserve a unit for up to 14 days.
- Click on “Submit” to proceed.
- You will receive an email confirmation on your reservation. Please visit us at the facility within 5 days to complete your move in. Any discounts applied will take effect when you move in at the facility.
Q. I saw a $50 voucher applicable on my reservation, but the amount was not applied. Why is this so?
All discounts reflected will be applied when you move in at the facility.
Q.Can I change my required date after signing up online?
Yes, please contact our customer service representatives to assist you further.
Q. How do I pay my bill? (For existing Customers who wish to pay recurring bills online)
- Select the location you have registered for.
- If you have not registered on the site before, click on “Pay Your Bill” and Select “I’m already renting but need to register my account online”
- Enter your “Phone Number”, “Gate Code”, “Unit Number”, “Email Address” and your password to proceed
Q. How do I pay my bill? (Users who already sign up an account online)
- Select the location you have registered in.
- If you have registered before, click on “I have an existing account online”.
- Login with your ID and Password.
Q. What should I do if I forget my password?
If you already have an existing account with us, go to “Pay Your Bill”, “I have an existing account online”
Click on “Forget Password” and enter your email address to retrieve your password.
Q. How do I reset my password?
You can call us at 1800 288 8677 to reset your password via our hotline.
Q. What is the minimum period I have to stay?
- The minimum period of rental is one month.
Q. How long can I stay at Mandarin Self Storage?
- There is no time limit on your stay. Your agreement will extend automatically every month for a period of one month. However, we reserve the right to terminate your agreement under certain circumstances.
Q. What happens if I am unable to pay up the fees?
- If you do not pay your storage fees we will over-lock your space and deny you access until you are up to date on your payments. If you continue not to make payment, we can, under the Storage Agreement, reserve the right to auction your goods to recover the monies owing.
Q. Do I have to sign an agreement when I move in?
- Yes. When you move into a Mandarin Self Storage you must sign the Storage Agreement. The Storage Agreement licenses the storer to occupy the space. The Storage Agreement outlines the terms and conditions under which you are granted the license.
Q. What documentation do I bring to rent at Mandarin Self Storage?
- We will need photo identification documents such as; Photo ID in your country eg, NRIC identification card, driving license, passport, or work permit. Non Singaporeans will need to provide a proof of address example: your home bill with your name and residential address.
Q. Do you sell boxes & wrapping materials?
- Yes we have a large range of boxes and wrapping materials at Mandarin Self Storage. For further details please visit the boxes and wrapping materials section on this website.
Q. Can I buy boxes and other packing products from Mandarin Self Storage?
- Yes. All Mandarin Self Storage facilities offer a wide variety of boxes and packing supplies.
Q. What is aircon storage and do I need it?
- Aircon storage is temperature controlled so your treasured belongings are not exposed to extreme temperatures.